Friday, November 11, 2005

Iraqi Cultural Heritage Sites

Iraq is one huge world heritage site, a unique storehouse of art and archaeology.

View of Ukaidir
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the mosque at Ukhaidir
---------------------------------------------------------------



Ziggurat at Ashur
----------------------------------------------------------------


Minaret at Anah
-------------------------------------------------------------


Main gate at Nineveh

------------------------------------------------------------


A traditional house in Basra

----------------------------------------------------------------


Minaret at Mosul

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Hi Haneen
I loved that photo of old Basrah house.
My primary school was surrounded by houses like that.
I love this blog & I put a link to it on my blog ,hope that U don't mind ?

9:53 AM  
Blogger Morbid Smile said...

Hey Tara, sure I don't mind that you link to my blog! Actually I linked to your blog too :) My dad was born in Basra, but he didn't live in such a house, although he told me that there were so many houses like this one there.. Nice style!

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home